Initialization error 114 could occur in GameGuard in many different
cases. The methods below could or could not be the solution to the
corresponding problem. In some cases, the problem could be solved
by following step 1, but sometimes it may not be solved even after
following step 1 and step 2. It is not necessary to follow all the
steps below, and therefore, try running the game again if step 1
has been followed and check whether the problem has been solved.
If the problem still exists, please try each step in order and check
for normal execution of the game.
1. System restart
3. Window security update
4. Collision with other programs
5. Option adjustment of security program
6. Graphic card driver and DirectX problem
1. System restart(rebooting)
- There are cases when the game does not operate properly because
GameGuard has not been shut down properly. You can solve this problem
by rebooting your PC.
- If problem is unsolved, please follow the steps below.
- Different types of spywares/viruses/malignant codes tend to affect
the existing program and may result in malfunction. Please check viruses
or malignant codes using anti-virus solution of your choice.
In some cases the game program might have been infected and therefore
we advise you to reinstall
the game and check if it operates correctly after
scanning the entire PC with an anti-virus solution.
3. Windows Security update
- Certain Windows Security Updates may result in collisions with other security programs.
We highly recommend you to update the latest version of Windows.
* Windows update : http://update.microsoft.com/
GameGuard control panel -> We recommend you to have the windows
updated through automatic update settings.
4. Collisions with other programs
- Some problems may be caused by the running programs on your
PC which might be incomparable with GameGuard. Please end all
the processes that are not related or are not used while the game is running.
Check the running process list in the Task Manager.
Method 1. You can open the Task Manager window by pressing
Ctrl + Alt + Del while using in Windows XP
Method 2. Right click on the task bar on the bottom and you
will see a menu. Press (K) and you can open the Task Manager window.
Select the Processes tab in the Task Manager and end
all processes in the process list that are not related to the
System might be affected badly if an important windows
process is shut down. Please select and end corresponding processes.
for malignant process list
* Searching the process in Google
* Searching in various vaccine sites. nProtect,
5. Configuring the options in
Some functions of GameGuard could be blocked due to system over
protection of a security system. In this case, GameGuard initialization
error can occur and this could be sovled by adjusting some options
in the security system. Many security programs exist, and therefore,
we suggest you try running the game again after adjusting every
option one by one.
Below is a security program configuration menu from nProtect Netizen. Other vaccines may have different configuration menus.
6. Old version of graphic card drivers / DirectX
You can solve the collision problem between GameGuard and the driver
if you have the graphic driver and Windows DirectX (9.0c) updated
to the latest version.
1) Press [Start] - [run] and input [dxdiag] in the blank.
2) Press Yes (Y) for warnings.
3) The window below will show up after you press Yes and you can check
your driver and DirectX information in the System tab and the Display tab.
< Click for a bigger image.>
-Graphic card driver types and version information-
< Click for a bigger image.>